Thursday, January 25, 2007

Disconnected

After rereading my last post, something must really be in the air. There just seems to be something disconnected and disjointed in my writing. My little Classical metaphor kind of came out of nowhere, but it is a vivid metaphor. And the whole line about "sailing forward" is very rah-rah and sounds like something you would hear in therapy. It might not make much sense, but it sounded good when I was first typing away.

I think that in general my thoughts and emotions have been disconnected and disjointed for the past few days. This might contradict my statement that I've been feeling fine, but really it doesn't. I do feel fine, for the most part. I think that my mind is just swimming in all kinds of thoughts. I can't really say what kind of thoughts, because, like I said, they are all disconnected and random and sometimes hard to define or decipher. I feel a little "off" but not necessarily in a bad way.

I suppose I'm going on and on about not much at all. Again, random thoughts. I thought it would all make more sense if I typed and wrote it all out. It doesn't make more sense, but the mechanics of writing feels good for some reason, I suppose. Maybe if I write long enough, I'll find my answers. Then again, maybe not. How can I even tell at this point?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It all made sense: your Classical metaphore made sense, the "sailing forward" made sense, all your feelings made sense. We are not an island on our own. We live in a world with nothing but differences: we choose every day between good and bad, we choose between two goods, and we choose between two evils. It all makes sense. That is life, the ability to choose