Saturday, January 13, 2007

Working on the Weekend

Here I am on a Saturday about to work on some projects for work. Since I took a day off from work earlier this week and because I spent most of the week working on several things other than my books, I need to try to make up for lost time. I've basically spent the week running in quicksand, as we say, and the only way I can catch up on my own projects is to work on them while I am at home and away from any other distractions. Yes, I would rather be doing something more fun, but if I'm lucky I'll use this weekend to actually get ahead. Working from home is great, in a way, because I can accomplish a lot of things at once. I can work on my books while the laundry is running. When I need a break from my work, I can clean the apartment. And if I need a longer break, I can always stop and watch TV or read a book. This is one weekend when I might actually be productive, yet somehow still relaxed at the same time. Strange how that works.

On a random note, a few people who haven't served their sentence in Classics have asked what "Vivamus atque Amemus" means. Well, it comes from a Catullus poem and it is translated as "let us live and let us love." So there is your Latin lesson for the day.

Current mood: productive
Current drink: coffee
Current music: Dead Can Dance

No comments: