Monday, January 29, 2007

Cheese and Signs of Age

Cheese: I am very thrilled to have discovered a new cheese. Actually, I, personally, didn't discover it. My boss was actually eating some cheese and he was nice enough to share some with me, because he knows that I'm a wine and cheese type of person. The cheese we had is Parrano. A lot of people think that it is Italian, but it is actually Dutch. It is a Gouda, and I'd bet $100 that most of you pronounced that GOO-dah. So, being a Gouda, it has a smooth, creamy, and buttery texture. But it has the nutty flavor of Parmesan. All I have to say is that it is wonderful. Too bad I don't have a Chardonnay to drink with it.

Signs of Age (this doesn't have to do with cheese): Earlier this evening I had one of those moments that reminded me that I'm not as young as I used to be. Once I reached a certain age, I started to lose track of things. I'd put my keys down, but would soon forget where I put them. I'd search and search for my gloves before realizing that I was wearing them. This evening I searched and searched for the remote. Where could it be? It was in the kitchen, because that is the natural place for it after all. At least I can find comfort in knowing that it wasn't in the fridge.

No comments: