Sunday, January 21, 2007

Wonderful Weekend

This week has been quite a crazy week. On Monday I thought that this would be the perfect week to get ahead on all of my book projects at work. Unfortunately, a curve ball was thrown my way, and I had to dedicate practically the entire week (and some nights) to one "emergency" project. Fortunately, I was able to finish this project by the end of the week. But, unfortunately, my projects were still at a standstill. I was planning on spending most of this weekend catching up (again) on my projects. Fortunately, (for me, my sanity, and my peace of mind) I didn't do any work at all this weekend.

I spent Saturday afternoon at the National Western Stock Show with a good friend and we watched the stock dog trials. We watched the sheep herding competition which I have never seen before. It was a lot of fun. Later that evening we met some other friends for dinner at a wonderful restaurant in Denver. We all used to work together at a publishing company which shall remain nameless, but fortunately we have since moved on to other publishers or, in one case, a different line of work altogether. I miss working with them, and I simply miss just seeing them every day. But, even though we are in different places, we often make an effort to get together to hang out and to catch up on things. All I have to say is that spending time with this group of women is the most wonderful thing for me. You simply can't go wrong with a group of amazing, funny, intelligent, talented, and beautiful women. I feel so great when I am with them, and I am so fortunate to have them in my life. They mean the world to me. After such a wonderful day and evening, I couldn't possibly ruin the rest of my weekend by working.

So, a toast with a glass of Cognac to my wonderful and beautiful friends...

No comments: