Monday, January 15, 2007

More Observations

Why is it so difficult to keep a one-bedroom apartment clean? I'm not a horrible mess and I'm not a slob. I don't have random things growing and mutating in various corners of my apartment. I'm just not always very tidy. There are just various stacks of newspapers, books, or random paper here and there throughout my apartment. However, the perfectionist in me is careful to make sure that the stacks themselves are neat and orderly. It's ironic. It is not that bad, though, considering some of the apartments I have seen--remember I was in grad school and I have known a lot of graduate students. What I really need is a friend to call me to tell me that she is coming over to hang out and to have a few glasses of wine. That always motivate me to clean my apartment. Somehow my place is always impeccable when I know someone is coming over. I just don't show them the closet...

I suppose I will spend the rest of the evening tidying up my apartment. I have nothing else intelligent to say anyway...except, I need to buy wine...

No comments: