Sunday, January 14, 2007

Random Observations

Random observations on a cold, snowy day...

Shopping carts and snow: I came to the conclusion that it is very difficult to push a shopping cart over a snow-covered parking lot. And given my tendency to always pick the shopping car with a bum wheel and bad alignment--you know, the kind of shopping cart with a wheel that squeaks and screeches throughout the store and a wheel that twirls in circles, thus making it impossible to control--I have an even more difficult time pushing the darn thing over the snow. One or two inches of snow might not seem like a lot, but it is a lot of snow for a shopping cart especially if you're a not-so-big-and-tall person pushing it.

Cereal is expensive: In my new quest to eat healthier, I decided that it was time to start eating more cereal. These days they have all kinds of healthy cereal, ones with lots of whole grains, high in fiber and other vitamins, low in sugar, etc. I'm usually an English muffin or toast for breakfast kind of person, so it has been quite a long time since I've bought cereal. Needless to say, I was somewhat shocked to see how expensive cereal is when I went out to buy some today. Who knew that you have to practically barter one of you own kidneys for a box of Cheerios?

Frozen pizza probably can't be considered healthy: I'm full of irony and hypocrisy (and some people might say full of a lot of other things), but in spite of my "quest" to eat healthy, I happily ate a frozen pizza for dinner. Well, it was cheap and easy, and I wasn't in the mood to cook.


No comments: