Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Ouch! My Head!

I'm officially working/resting from home today. For the past few nights I've been having bouts of insomnia. I can go to bed at 10:30, but I usually end up tossing and turning until about 3:00 a.m. I don't know what is wrong with me. Sometimes I just can't turn off my brain when I get in bed. I'm usually thinking about what I have to do at work the next day, the things I should have done today, the groceries I need to shop for, and, oh, do I have a coupon for cereal. Then various songs get stuck in my head and I can't stop singing them. Since I wake up relatively early, I usually end up getting only about four hours of sleep a night. And when I don't sleep well, I start to get headaches that can border on migraines. I've been fighting some bad headaches for most of the week, but yesterday I got a whopper of a headache. It was one of those headaches where it feels like an alien baby is growing inside your head and kicking and punching at your brain. It also felt like this particular alien in my head was stabbing the back of my eyes with ice picks. I always keep medicine at the office for days like this and I happened to have "migraine strength" Excedrin. So I took two. I realized later, though, that you're really only supposed to take one. I also made the mistake of taking two pills long after I had lunch and before I had dinner. So I had an empty stomach that started to churn about ten or fifteen minutes after I took the pills. Fortunately by that time it was already 4:30, so I left work early because I wasn't in the mood to faint or throw up on my nice office desk. I'm feeling a tad better today but not my best. My head still hurts a little, and let me tell you how fun it is to copyedit something when your eyeballs hurt! My guess is that I won't be doing that much work today. But the nice thing about "working" from home is the fact that I can always stop and lie down if I don't feel well.

Ouch...

No comments: