Sunday, July 22, 2007

Green and Mean

While I was out shopping (this was a busy shopping weekend), I made a quick stop at Wild Oats to pick up a few things. I can across an ironic scene. Inside, the store is full of people shopping for natural and organic foods. They also pick up their eco-friendly household products like recycled napkins and nontoxic and biodegradable cleaning solutions. They are happy, healthy, and they love their earth. They get their goods, check out, pay their bill, then wheel their miniature shopping carts into the parking lot and...load up a giant SUV with all of their natural, organic, and earth friendly goods. I would say that 75 percent of the cars in the Wild Oats parking lot this weekend were SUVs. I try to do my part to buy natural and organic foods. And when possible I try to buy earth friendly products and I do my best to "decrease my impact" on harming the environment. I'll admit, I'm not perfect, and I'm sure there is a lot of things I do that is not so eco-friendly. But at least I don't drive an SUV!

No comments: