Monday, July 02, 2007

It's one thing to be a morning person, but...

Work and Travel: Last night I made all of my reservations for my trip to New York. The hotel room is reserved and the flight is booked. When making arrangements for my flight, I was reminded that the biggest problem with flying east is the fact that you lose several hours with the change of time zones. My flight arrives in New York at 1:00 p.m. eastern time, but that means my flight leaves Denver at about 7:30 a.m. So if I want to get to the airport at a reasonable time to check in and make my way through security, it would probably be good to get there around 6:00 a.m. But it gets worse. My best and pretty much only way to get to the airport is by taking a shuttle. In order to get to the airport by 6:00, I have to catch the 5:00 a.m. shuttle. And, naturally, I can't just wake up and step onto a shuttle. I need to wake up at a reasonable time, probably around 3:30 a.m. (MST), to get myself dressed and ready, because once I step off the plane, I have to rush to our New York office to attend a meeting at 3:30 p.m. (EST). Even is you subtract the two-hour time difference, that's still about ten hours of getting ready and travelling. Sigh. Why couldn't their offices be on the west coast?! Oh well. Arriving after 1:00 and having to attend a meeting at 3:30 will be a little rushed and hectic, but I think the people in New York know that we might be running late. I say "we" because another co-worker is also making the trip, but I'm not sure if she will be on the same flight yet. Anyway, all we can do is hope that there won't be any slowdowns through security and that the flight won't be delayed.

And on a random note: a very happy birthday to my beautiful friend. Toto pectore te amo. Mille basia, mea cara!

No comments: