Sunday, July 29, 2007

Some of the Things I Missed...

Now that I'm back in Boulder and getting reacclimated to life in a smaller town, I've been looking around me and seeing all of the things I missed while I was in New York. For one, it is nice to see grass and trees as opposed to all that concrete. Oddly enough, when I did notice some trees in New York they were growing out of the roofs of certain buildings. However, when I was walking to The Met I was at least fortunate enough to see grass and trees in Central Park. But I prefer to see grass and trees everywhere. I also like the fact that I can look at the sky and clouds here without straining my neck to look straight up. And, naturally, what I missed most are the afternoon thunderstorms. Like clockwork, I started to hear the rumble of thunder around 3:30 and a little after 4:00 there was a light drizzle. And, as everyone knows, I love the smell of fresh air and rain!

More on the actual trip soon...

No comments: