Monday, July 16, 2007

Unwinding

Well, this past weekend was sort of busy, and things were really busy at work today, too. I took some work home over the weekend, but I didn't accomplish nearly as much as I wanted to or needed to. I worked hard today, but still had to take some more work home tonight. That's simply a sign of how much we have going on right now. The rest of this week will be incredibly busy for me as I try to get one of my messiest projects to press by Monday. And to complicate matters, I want to try to get everything in decent shape before I go to New York for my little business trip. I have wonderful co-workers who would be happy to keep my projects in order while I'm away, but I want to make it as painless as possible for them. We'll see how the rest of the week goes.

In theory and if I were smart, I would be in bed right now. I want to get up early and get into the office early to finish what I need to. But I'm feeling a little wired and on edge. So, instead, I'm here writing and having a glass of cognac and just trying to unwind a bit. I don't have that much to say, and I'm not sure if I'm even making any sense, but still I write. I'll probably have to edit this tomorrow...

Current mood: tired
Current music: Loreena McKennitt. An Ancient Muse.
Current drink: Remy Martin VSOP Fine Champagne Cognac

No comments: