Monday, July 23, 2007

Packing

This will be a quick post because there are still a few things I need to do tonight to get ready for my trip. I just inhaled my dinner, and now I need to do some dishes and tidy up around my apartment. There are a few more things I need to pack, but, for the most part, I'm ready to go. I'm not looking forward to getting up at around 2:30 or 3:00 a.m. to get ready for the shuttle that will pick me up around 4:30. I'm hoping that I can get at least a few hours of sleep tonight. And I generally hate to fall asleep in the close proximity of strangers (I'm slightly paranoid), but maybe I can take a nap on the plane. I tend to get nasty headaches if I don't get enough sleep. My head and brains are obviously very sensitive and tender. Some people have sensitive tummies; I have a sensitive head.

Anyway, the experience in New York should be a good one. One of the managing editors I've been working with has been organizing people and making arrangements to take me out to dinner. It looks like I'll be having dinner with at least two managing editors and also, essentially, the vice president of the publishing group. Not half bad if you ask me. And the VP asked me what type of food I like or to pick a restaurant if I know of any good ones. I wonder if I could get away with picking the most expensive restaurant in New York? Anyway this is all flattering. It sure beats the business trip I took to South Bend, Indiana, for the previous company I worked for. Although the trip to South Bend wasn't bad per se, a week at the Holiday Inn Express and dinner at Applebee's doesn't quite compare to a week at the Park South Hotel and dinner with the vice president of the company.

I'll be out of touch for the next few days, but I'll write more when I return. And I hope to have a lot of pictures from the Greek and Roman collection at the Metropolitan Museum!!!

No comments: