Saturday, July 14, 2007

Sights on a Windy Day

Earlier this evening I looked out the window and saw that the clouds were rolling in and starting to get darker. It was getting windy and a light rain started to fall. I decided to run out to get some dinner for myself before the weather got too bad. The wind started to pick up while I was driving, and as I was waiting at a stoplight, suddenly I saw an inner tube rolling down the street. It was then followed by a second, and I half expected a third to fly by with a small child still inside but had no such luck. For a brief history: A lot of people in Boulder like to spend their weekends riding down Boulder Creek in big inner tubes. That explains the presence of inner tubes in the city, but it was still odd to see them rolling down Arapahoe. I continued on my way and noticed that the Home Depot parking lot was full of shopping carts that were scattered and rolling in various directions because they were being pushed by the wind. Fortunately I was able to make it in and out Daphne's without getting drenched by rain or blown away by the wind. And the Chicken Ka-Boob plate with rice and salad was yummy!

Current mood: no complaints
Current music: random selections from my iTunes library -- currently Dave Matthews "Crash Into Me"
Current drink: Silk Soymilk - random, I know, but good for me.

No comments: