Monday, July 30, 2007

New York: Day Two

Day two in New York was pretty good. Naturally I spent most of the day in meetings. There is not much to write about when you're in a meeting from 9:00 to 5:30. But later that evening several managing editors took me out to dinner. Before I left Boulder, they asked me what kind of food I liked. I said that I pretty much like anything--Mexican, Italian, steak, seafood, whatever--and I told them to just surprise me because they know the city better. I guess they took "seafood" as a cue and they picked sushi. Hmm. I have mixed opinions about sushi. I love California rolls and I like sushi that has cooked ingredients in it. I'm a little uncertain about sushi with the raw fish and seafood. I think what really bothers me is the texture of the fish. Sometimes it is just to "mushy" for my liking. When I put a roll into my mouth and bit into cold, wet mush I was a little freaked out. I drank a lot of water than night and essentially swallowed a lot of things whole, but the sushi that was cooked was wonderful. And, naturally, it was wonderful and nice of them to take me out to dinner.

After dinner we all walked down to Union Square and hung out and talked for a little while, then we all went on our own ways. Union Square is about 14 blocks from my hotel, so I just casually strolled back and took in some of the sights and sounds.

No comments: