Thursday, July 05, 2007

Recovery

Fortunately yesterday was a holiday because for most of the day I was feeling under the weather. It is a strange thing with me. I can work hard and work myself into the ground, and I suppose adrenaline and stress keep me going. But once the weekend hits, or, as in yesterday's case, once I have a day off, my body crashes and completely shuts down. This has always happened to me. It happened when I was in school, when I was in grad school, and it happens occasionally now that I'm in the working world. Basically I just get a nasty headache. If you can imagine what it feels like to have an elephant stand on your head while a buzzard tries to pluck out your eyeballs, then you'll pretty much know how I feel when these headaches hit. Whenever this happens I usually just sleep. There have even been times when I slept for three days without moving from my bed. I slept for most of the day yesterday, but managed to crawl out of bed late in the evening to force some toast and juice into my stomach. I even managed to stand outside my apartment to watch the fireworks they were shooting above Folsom Field at CU. The "boom" of the fireworks occasionally rattled my brain, literally, but it was a nice show and pretty to watch. I immediately went back to bed once it was over. I still managed to go to work today in spite of still feeling slightly dizzy in my head. Unfortunately I had too many meetings and too much work to do, otherwise I might have stayed home. I started feeling better through the day, though, and now I'm feeling much better. A little tired, but better. Needless to say, it was a relatively quiet Fourth of July.

Current mood: tired
Current drink: Barq's Root Beer
Current music: Kelly Clarkson.
My December. --an awesome CD no matter what the idiots at her record label might have thought!

No comments: