Friday, July 14, 2006

I Look Fabulous

In an effort to tighten my financial belt, I have put myself on several budgets. I have a grocery budget, a eating out budget, an alcohol budget (only $100 a month!), and a "pamper myself" budget. The pamper myself budget includes all of those things that I buy for myself that aren't absolute necessities in life, things like CDs, clothes, stuff like that. This month's pampering expense went toward a trip to the salon. I just love getting my hair done. For one thing I think my head is somewhat of an erogenous zone. Sounds strange, but it's true. I love it when people play with my hair or run their fingers through my hair. And I just love the head massage and getting my hair washed. So a trip to the salon is a special treat. My stylist, Sarabeth, is just plain awesome. I'm the type of person that will just let my stylist have fun with me. I'll let her do what she wants and I'll let her experiment. Sarabeth has been having lots of fun with my hair. The colors alone are dramatic. I went from naturally jet black hair to having red and blonde highlights with bronze throughout. Very dramatic. Sarabeth says that she went for the "rock star" look and, well, everyone knows I'm a rock star.

My most recent cut (from yesterday) was just plain amazing. So amazing that when I woke up the next morning, my hair still looked fabulous. When I wake up I usually look like I was on the losing end of a wrestling match with a polar bear. Not this morning. My hair looked so perfect it was awesome. I definitely had that tossled, slept-in, rock star look! I love it!

No comments: