Sunday, July 02, 2006

Relaxing Afternoon

It is after 3:00 which means that the storms have started. So far this afternoon storm has been dry. Just a lot of lightning and lots of thunder. This is the loud thunder, the rumbling and cracking kind. It is nice and comforting to listen too. Every now and then some idiot drives by in his tiny car with one of those extra loud mufflers and the sound of his car disrupts the moment. As annoying as the guy is, I just assume his pseudo-sports car and loud muffler are trying to make up for whatever inadequacies he suffers in the lower regions.

Still the storm is nice. The breeze has picked up and I expect the rain will eventually follow. The lightning is getting closer and the thunder is getting louder. Afternoons like this are nice, and just the way I feel now feels nice. These past few months I've been feeling like a new and different person. Two months ago, I was in a very bad work situation and my direct manager was a complete moron. It was physically and emotionally draining. Now that I have a new job, things are definitely better. I look better. I feel better. I'm more at peace and more relaxed. This is all a wonderful feeling.

Current mood: at peace

Current music: random songs from my iTunes library, currently James Taylor
Current drink: Catena 2003 Mendoza Malbec

No comments: