Wednesday, July 19, 2006

A New Phase

While spending the evening tonight with Laura E. having dinner and drinks I ran into a few of the Classics grad students. As my luck would have it, I ran into to the last two people I would care to see. Both are drunks, and one needs to just grow up and one needs to cut the cord on CU. "Ego" is a Greek word that means "I" and that is all that these guys care about. They asked me how I was doing, but before I could explain much it was back to them. It quickly turned into "this is what I am doing" and "what have you heard about me." Quite frankly, I haven't heard much because I have been out of the loop with the Classics class. I graduated two years ago and I have moved on since then. I have distanced myself because it just isn't my scene anymore. I'd much rather have a nice dinner and drinks with a good friend as opposed to watching a bunch of acquaintances get drunk and stoned out of their minds. I don't want to deal with the gossip. I don't want to deal with the drama. I'm over that. That chapter of my life is over and closed. I have new friends, a new life, and new love. Grad school was fun while it lasted, but it is over. I'm a different person and I have a different life.

No comments: