Thursday, July 27, 2006

Pet Peeve

I'll admit it. I love fonts. I love a variety of fonts. I play with them in Word documents when I'm writing something that is not related to work. And, since I've been expanding my "typesetting" skills by dabbling with InDesign, I've really been playing with fonts. I do have one major pet peeve, though. I really don't like it when people try to use the Greek sigma for the letter E. I know that the uppercase sigma looks really cool and ancient and classical and all that, but it's just plain wrong. Take the movie "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" for example. Cute movie, but it annoyed me because I kept reading "My Big Fat Grssk Wedding." Maybe I'm extra sensitive after reading ancient Greek for nearly ten years. The moral of the story, people, is please don't do this. It's lame and it's annoying. And it frustrates the small portion of the population who read ancient Greek.

Current music: Tori Amos "A Sorta Fairytale"

Current drink: just water. It's too hot for alcohol right now. I'll have to wait until it cools off later tonight.

No comments: