Sunday, July 09, 2006

The Rain Continues

The rain started Friday night and it has been raining steadily ever since. We've had a few breaks here and there, but those breaks didn't last long. Usually in Colorado, we get those afternoon bursts of thunder storms. They start at around 3:00 p.m. and stop at around 5:00 or 6:00. I can't even remember when we've had a rainfall that has lasted this long. It's good because we need the rain to reduce fire danger, but I hear that it is bad because this much rain is starting to cause floods. Still, it is nice from my little cabin in Boulder.

I realize that I have been writing about the weather a lot lately. It might be boring to the average reader. I don't know, the weather has always amazed and intrigued me. Two days of rain might depress most people. I like it. I find it comforting and it puts me in that pensive and poetic frame of mind. It creates a mood. Right now it's almost noon and I have all of my candles lit...all 30 of them. I'm listening to Loreena McKennitt. If it was later in the evening I would be drinking a glass of wine. All in all, I'm feeling good.

Current mood: peaceful, pensive, and poetic

Current music: Loreena McKennitt

No comments: